24 Advertising Agency Positionings Just For You
I promised my friends at Advertising Week that I’d list 24 advertising agency positioning ideas. Here’s the list. First a couple of caveats.
If you have the time, I suggest that you start at Part I. If not, note that…
I know that from a Brand Police perspective, that these may not be pure “Brand Positions.”
They are, however, meant to be thought-starters that lead the way out from our more standardized — as in me-too — agency positioning statements to the promised land of differentiation and, most importantly, to provide a reason to have your agency stand out from the 4,000 or so other “agencies” down the street and around the globe.
We Are Creative
- We are storytellers
- We design and grow brands.
- Our work breaks through clutter.
- We really are creative – we mean it! Ask to see our Clios, Lions, D&AD’s, Webby’s…
We Are Strategic
- We are a marketing R&D lab.
- We deliver and manage customer relationships.
- Our media research drives effective and efficient buys.
We’ve Got Attitude
- We disrupt.
- We are way cool.
- We are ambitious.
- We are client collaborators 🙂
We Are Experts
- We take challenger brands to #1.
- We’ve decoded mobile advertising
- We concentrate on B-to-B advertising.
- We get visual marketing (i.e. Vine, Instagram and Pinterest.)
- We are retail / shopper-marketing experts.
- We are demographic group experts (i.e. The Affluent, Gen Y, Moms, Hispanic.)
- We know your industry (i.e. destination marketing, healthcare, luxury, outdoors.)
We Deliver Results
- We crunch Big Data for breakfast.
- We are all about conversion optimization and ROI.
We Deliver Reassurance
- Our founder wrote, “Whassup?”
- Our CEO ran marketing at Apple.
We Get Around
- Think Global.
- We own your town, state or region.
If you’ve made it this far (I am assuming you’ve read Parts I and II) congrats. I hope I’ve started to stimulate some thinking to get your agency past the same old same old.
Don’t forget to read Part I.
Now For My Positioning – Uber Experienced Business Development Dude (er, Bloke)
I advise advertising agencies on how to build and manage extraordinarily innovative business development programs.
I can do this because I ran business development at Saatchi, for my two Internet start-ups and for my own Portland ad / digital agency. I understand the brand positioning, messaging and marketing issues confronting global, mid-sized and small agencies. I am also a decent bloke.
Let’s go. Click this link.