I’ve written about the opportunity for an ad, digital or PR agency to leverage the growing awareness and use of Twitter’s Vine, its short-form (as in 6 seconds) video service that runs on iOS and Android, as a new business tool.
I suggested that there has to be an ad agency out there that sees the potential of becoming the first 6-Second ad agency. No, you don’t have to shut down your other services. Just create a Vine division. I think that this could take about 2 hours. Hey, your agency’s new business program probably needs something new to talk about.
Well, here is more fuel. Vines are now shared more often that Instagram photos.
From Memeburn: “According to insights from Twitter-certified analytics partner Topsy the number of Vine posts shared on the site passed the number of Instagram posts late last week, just days after the previously iOS-only Vine launched on Android. It’s an interesting trend, considering the fact that Vine has a much smaller user base than Instagram — it has just 13-million registered users against Instagram’s 100-million active users.For all I know, an agency is doing this.But, I bet that there is still room to grab this tool and run with it. Here are a few thought starters.”
So to help you get going, here are:
8 Ideas For Using Vine For Ad Agency Business Development
- Write about Vine on your agency Blog.
- Write a Vine (and video marketing) white paper and send it to current and prospective clients.
- Run a micro-information-oriented Vine Twitter strategy. Do 3 to 5 Tweets a day for a couple of weeks and watch the stats.
- Create a Vine Pinterest site. Think “Best of Vine.”
- Do some sample Vine “ads” for client types.
- Hire a local comedian to do 6-second comedy skits for your agency.
- Get your Vine out: do Vine local reviews of anything: products, services, bars, clubs, bands, dogs, cats (people love dogs and cats.)
- Do a Vine about everyone in your agency and add it to your website.
I could keep going but… I’ll save more ideas for my agency clients.
Oh, just in case you need a bit more info, here is today’s infographic.