According to SlideShare’s 2013 recap, my presentations and white papers were viewed 3,012 times and I uploaded 15 “SlideShares.”
Beyond these general stats, I can’t make a direct correlation between SlideShare and my new business leads. But, I’ll gladly take 3,012 views since I can’t imagine that my advertising industry targeted documents are being viewed casually. I’ll take the inherent branding as a positive.
Given SlideShare’s ease of use and LinkedIn relationship, why wouldn’t you want to add SlideShare to your personal or advertising agency content-based business development program? SlideShare obviously drives message reach. Here is a portion of my personal SlideShare report. You will see an uptick in October. I tested what would happen if I did a bit of promotion on my blog and Twitter feed. It worked. I love the smell of social media synergy in the morning.
Need More Reasons To Use SlideShare For Advertising Agency New Business
Slideshare is the world’s largest content-sharing community for professionals. Here is how SlideShare puts it on their SlideShare 101 page.
With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million page views, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.
Here is another fact. I put up my presentation “24 Advertising Agency Positions For New Business Development” about 3 months ago and it has been viewed by over 900 people. Not too shabby for an easy upload and distribution of an existing presentation. The presentation is a repurposed use of Part III of my series on how to position advertising agencies. Here are other reasons why I use (and love) SlideShare…
- It’s content marketing, baby.
- It has that huge audience. According to comScore, SlideShare has 5 times more traffic from business owners than Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn (which now owns SlideShare).
- SlideShare is primarily a business tool and has deep reach into my advertising industry target market.
- Google loves SlideShare and SlideShare presentations and PDF’s get indexed immediately.
- My SlideShare presentations and documents are automatically shared across LinkedIn.
So, without further ado, my “best selling” 2013 SlideShare presentation…
Need some more facts? Here’s an infographic on SlideShare from Column Five Media.