Lots. Like, Um, Too Many.
So… How many advertising agencies are there? OK, it is a bit impossible to count them all – and I am talking essentially every type of agency from Ogilvy down to your ex-Creative Director that does what he used to do for you but now he works (at a lower cost) out of his home.
So, how many? Here is a number I came across yesterday…
According to Clutch there are 17,532 “Top Advertising and Marketing Agencies” In the United States. 17,532.
Yikes. Want more? There are 193 in Dallas, 182 in Austin and 140 in Houston. That’s 515 in major Texas cities. Did I say Yikes? Now, imagine how many in London.
Here are some links to help y’all break out of the pack.
A link to my enormous ad agency information blog.
Five Immediate Things To Do To Break Out From The 17,532…
- Make sure you are everywhere a client might look to find your agency. Buy attention if you have to.
- Run a smart 24/7 business development program. Sorry, referrals are not enough.
- Have a competitive and distinctive brand positioning. Being an expert in something might help (actually, it will help a lot.)
- Try to look and act unignorable. Good news” your competitors are already ignored given the vast number of agency choices.
- Just hire me to help you grow awareness, leads, and closes. LOL. I am not kidding.
So, how many advertising agencies are in your market? Just to be outrageously obnoxious, a Google search on “Tulsa advertising agencies” turned up 2,820,000 results.