Yikes, “the best podcasts in the world” — How is that headline for click-bait? Maybe a 7 on a scale of 10? OK, a 6? Really, how lame are the click-bait headlines we all get sucker punched into launching?
Ok, Ok… Now on to a couple of podcast recommendations.
I have an agency client that is training for her first marathon and she asked me for some podcast recommendations. I’ll share my recommendations with you.
Side note: I have often been ahead of the digital curve. In case you think I am bragging, I was too early, which means ill-timed and not smart about the market. I like those ‘shiny’ pennies. I had my first podcast in 2006.
The Best Podcast Player
I use the podcast app Pocket Cast
to organize my podcasts on my iPad and iPhone. It has a decent search tool by subject. Here is how they sell themselves:
A podcast player by listeners, for listeners.
Pocket Casts is the world’s most powerful podcast platform. Our podcast player provides next-level listening, search and discovery tools. Find your next obsession with our hand-curated podcast recommendations for easy discovery, and seamlessly enjoy your favorite shows without the hassle of subscribin
Some Of My Favorite Podcasts
– General smart about the digital, news, etc. industry: Pivot, Recode Media, Recode Decode from VOX (just do this)
– Daily News: The Daily from NYT, The Daily 202 from the Washington Post (these two depress me every morning), and Marketplace
– Smartest guy in the room: Stay Tuned with Preet (smart enough to get fired by the prez)
– Music: All Songs Considered and Switched On Pop (you will be hipper than the kid down the street)
– Internet marketing: Marketing School, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Geeks (hours of insights on how to do your business)
– Advertising: AdAge Ad Lib, Advertising Influencers (frankly a bit boring, but, hey, you are probably in the biz)
– Branding: Real-World Branding is a podcast for and about brand and business building hosted by Bill Gullan, President of Philadelphia’s Finch Brands.
– General: anything by Malcolm Gladwell, Against The Rules Michael Lewis, This American Life, The Chernobyl Podcast (after you’ve seen this great 5-part series.)
– Art: Art Tactic, A Piece of Work (aging but smart)
There are more. I’ll spare you.
The History Of Podcasting
Just as an FYI, here is my older blog post, number 600!, on The History of Podcasting.