Forbes Does Not Want Me To ‘Continue’ Or… Let The AdBlock War Begin
Interesting find in what I think is the most intriguing thing going on in the world of advertising (OK, one of them.)
Ta Da…. Ad Blocking. Some data from PageFair’s 2015 report on ad blocking.
- Ad blocking estimated to cost publishers nearly $22 billion during 2015.
- There are now 198 million active adblock users around the world.
- Ad blocking grew by 41% globally in the last 12 months.
- US ad blocking grew by 48% to reach 45 million active users in 12 months up to June 2015.
- UK ad blocking grew by 82% to reach 12 million active users in 12 months up to June 2015.
Forbes Tries Anti Adblck
I tried to go to the Forbes website and got the message below.Yes, I admit it, I use AdBlock. Interesting. I guess we’ll see:
- If people are willing to turn AdBlock off.
- If people want to bother going the extra clicks to read Forbes.
- If the use of the words… “continue into Forbes ad-light experience” helps. Ad-light – now that’s a new one.
- If other websites follow Forbes down this path.
Frankly, I don’t like barriers to entry. Too many content options out there. As I said, we’ll see where this goes. It is definitely going to be interesting.
See the Forbes message below.
But first, here is what Elon Musk is working on as we speak: