Well, here are the videos from the class of 2014’s brand new tech companies. Put your agency hat on and think through how your ‘ad agency’ could play a role in your city’s start-up community. Why? Here are 5 reasons:
- You need to be connected to what your neighborhood tech entrepreneurs are up to.
- You will be stimulated by their thinking.
- You could support / fund one or more.
- You will make friends in the developer community.
- You will learn how to build your very own “product’ so you won’t have to rely on your hourly rates to make a living …. forever.
You can see some of Portland’s leading “tech stars” and Wieden+Kennedy’s digital leader Renny Gleeson on how advertising agencies can participate in the world of start-ups. On this video right here.
What is PIE? FYI, Wieden+Kennedy plays a big role.
In PIE there are no scripts. We enable creative business-building.
Talented startups come to PIE to learn, grow, and quickly conquer obstacles. We pair them with the mentors they need, when they need them, to solve their unique business challenges.
Sound interesting? We’d love to see you apply during the next application period.
What the hell does an ad agency know about startups?
Well, we’ve been doing this awhile. Wieden+Kennedy helps PIE startups shape their brands and tell their stories. And sometimes W+K partners with startups to tell brand stories in new ways.