Mary Meeker – Internet Trends Report
Just in case you haven’t seen Mary Meeker’s annual Internet Trends 2017, here it is. Highlights include (care of Quartz):
- Smartphone shipments have continued to slow, with only 3%year-over-year growth from 2015 to 2016.
- Global internet use continues to grow at 10% year over year, with 3.4 billion people on the internet as of 2016.
- Internet advertising spending is expected to surpass TV spending in 2017.
- Combined, Google and Facebook accounted for 85% of the total internet ad revenue growth between 2015 and 2016.
- Images and voice are replacing typed words in advertising.
- Google’s voice recognition has hit a word accuracy rate of 95%.
- There are now 2.6 billion gamers, up from 100 million in 1995.
My primary takeaway for advertising agencies – “MOBILE”