Design Week Portland is a powerful, super groovy, smart, fun, inspiring, happy week-long event celebrating the best of Portland’s super groovy (oh, I said that) design scene. I’ll be moderating “Dissecting Design” for the Portland Advertising Federation. The panel includes some of Portland’s design super stars. Here’s the event copy…
Design happens. Not.
While great design comes from a place somewhere between our intellect and soul, it doesn’t just happen. Dissecting Design seeks to understand how great design is achieved using processes and design systems that take us from an understanding of client or consumer need to initial designs to iteration to the production of the final product.
We are very pleased to be able to discuss how big ideas get turned into brilliant design with some of Portland’s leading product and graphic designers.
- Elizabeth Dye – Elizabeth Dye Fashion Design
- Steve Sandstrom – Founder & Partner, Sandstrom Partners
- Wilson Smith III – Design Director, Nike
- Sam Huff – Founder & Creative Director, Tanner Goods
- Jeff Kovel – Principle Architect, SkyLab Architecture
- Eric Park – Creative Director, Ziba
DATE: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
TIME: Networking/Arrivals 4:00p/Program 4:30-5:30p/Networking 5:30-6:00p
VENUE: EcoTrust Building
COST: $25 PAF Members/$35 Non-Members
Get tickets here. Seating is limited.